Can I purchase another protective cover for my scanner? Is it possible to choose a color?
Yes, it is available on our website, www.einstar.com (For northern America); eu.einstar.com (For Europe market)
Which scan data format does the scanner export? What is the difference between these formats?
1. Format (ASC): No texture, data type is optimized point-cloud, saves as Scan.asc, recommended for inspection, fast export and post process.
2. Format (STL): No texture, data type is mesh, saves as Scan.stl, recommended for 3D printing, reverse engineering and mesh editing.
3. Format (OBJ): Include texture but separated, data type is mesh, texture and matching file, saves as Scan,obj&jpg&mtl, recommended for artistic applications, 3D rendering and mesh editing.
4. Format (PLY): Include texture, data type is mesh, saves as Scan, ply, recommended for lows storage needed an easy to edit texture.
5. Format (3MF): Include texture, data type is mesh, saves as Scan, 3mf, recommended for lows storage needed and edit with Microsoft paint3d.
6. Format (P3): No texture, data type is marker position, saves as Scan, p3, recommended for create Global Marker File and measurement of the marker position.
What is the computer configuration requirement?
Please refer to the image:
Where can I get the latest software?
If you are using scanner with internet, you will get a notice when a new software is release. And, we also suggest you to get a free user account on passport.shining3d.com to bind your scanner, so you can get the latest software and other related tutorials.
Is there a tutorial I can learn from?
Please refer to the online user manual.
And, we also suggest you to get a free user account on passport.shining3d.com to bind your scanner, so you can get the latest software and other related tutorials.
What is the point distance?
What's the difference between accuracy and resolution (detail)?
Portrait Scan: 0.2mm ~ 3.0mm
Object Scan: 0.1mm ~ 3.0mm
Resolution: the distance between the two closest points.
Accuracy: the dimension difference between the scanned model and real object.
How can I obtain a CAD file out of scan data?
You need to do Reverse Engineering to acquire CAD data. Please visit our YouTube channel for reverse engineering instructions.
Does Einstar offer discounts for non-profit organizations?
We want to support people in the world who are doing good things, and would be happy to provide discount to registered non-profit organizations or charities. A copy of the registered non-profit organization or charity number and a letter of determination letter or government-issued document or any equivalent. If you would like to go ahead with this offer, feel free to send us your document to us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once our team approves your organization for this special discount, we will be able to assist you with the next steps. Approved orders must be placed under the respective email domain and the company name listed as such.
What is the biggest advantage of Einstar compare to other brands in the market?
Einstar is powered by Shining 3D, which has long experiences in 3D digitizing technology, developed scanners and printers in different kinds for various industry, making amazing 3d scanning more accessible to everyone. Despite of the professional hardware, our self developed scanning software is also powerful for smooth and fast scanning, smart tracking, intelligent algorithm, mesh editing etc. We keep updating based on users feedback to improve the scanning workflow. Further more, we have global sales and support team together with our local channels, allowing us to give the fast and quality service when needed.